Class Agent Program
The School of Law is committed to maintaining "quality connections" between our alumni and the School of Law. Our Class Agent Program is an essential part of the commitment and is designed to engage classmates to not only support the initiatives here at the School of Law but to also serve as a resource for our alumni.
Class agents serve as a vital part of the connection process acting as liaisons between their classmates and the School of Law with the mission to:
- Maintain a relationship between our alumni and the School of Law
- Keep classmates up-to-date on events and news; request updated contact information from alumni
- Encourage participation in alumni activities - A personal invitation from a fellow classmate is a wonderful way to encourage attendance at our alumni events
- Gather news from alumni for "Class Notes" in Perspectives magazine
- Serve as a member of the reunion committee in your reunion year
- Serve as a point of contact for perspective incoming law students/enhance student recruitment
How can you accomplish this?
Send letters once or twice a year, send emails periodically, and make phone calls if you choose to.
There are many possibilities with regard to the letters you send - (see samples in manual). You can use these samples for ideas or draft your own letter. We suggest using your own letterhead or plain letterhead. (It is more likely to be opened if it's from a classmate) Once the letter is written, you can email it to my office and we will merge the names and addresses, print, and mail out for you. My office is here to support you as little or as much as you need. Your signature can be scanned and inserted or you can sign them all individually. Include a form to update info and gather news. You can use your address as a return address and then forward copies to my office for our use.
We have many alumni that have stepped forward to fill the position for their class, but we still have a few classes without a representative. We are looking for alumni who are willing to share a small amount of their time for this rewarding program. You don't have to do this alone! Ask a friend to help you and share the fun! All you need is a computer and a phone. Classes without an agent: 1971, 1972, 1974, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1989, and 1995.
A class agent manual has been created to assist you as you undertake your role as class agent. I hope you will feel free to call me or my staff at any time with questions or suggestions. We are thankful for your commitment to Western New England University School of Law. And, with your help, we will continue to grow and make a difference for generations of Law School alumni.
Law Alumni Coordinator
List of Current Class Agents: