School of Law News
Western New England Cancels Classes
Posted October 31, 2011
Here is the latest update on the October snowstorm and its impact on the Western New England campus:
Beginning Tuesday, November 1 and continuing through Friday, November 4, 2011, ALL CLASSES AT THE UNIVERSITY WILL BE CANCELLED, BUT THE UNIVERSITY WILL REMAIN OPEN.
- Residential students, who are able to travel back to their homes, are encouraged to do so. Because there will be students who are on campus and who will be unable to return home, the University WILL remain open in order to serve the needs of these students. What this means is that all staff are expected to report to work with the EXCEPTIONS of the CSP, and those in the houses bordering campus because they are without power.
- Residential students who will remain on campus will have warming facilities available in the Campus Center and Rivers Memorial. D ‘Amour Library will have its typical 24-hour study section available. The AHLC will no longer be available as a warming station.
- Food service will operate on its normal schedule.
- Students who are NOT on a meal plan will be able to acquire meal vouchers through Student Affairs. Meal vouchers will be accepted in the Dining Hall and will be directly charged to student accounts for the individual meals.
- Students should contact Student Affairs for information regarding student activities during this period.
- Because the University is remaining open and ready to serve students who will remain on campus as well as their families, all staff should report as usual WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Staff who work in the CSP; and
- Staff who work in the houses bordering the Campus on Wilbraham, Bellamy and Valley Roads. These staff members should be in communication with their supervisors to determine if alternate work station accommodations can be arranged.
First and foremost, however, our concern is always for the safety and well being of ALL members of our University community. For those staff members who may determine that they are unable to safely come to work, they may count the time away as personal/vacation time.
Due to the evolving nature of the circumstances, please watch for updates and changes to this message as conditions may warrant.