State Legislative Hearings
Each year, the Institute has the privilege of hosting public hearings of committees of the State Legislature, such as the Ad Hoc Committee on Adoption, the Joint Committee on the Judiciary, the Joint Committee on Healthcare, and the Joint Committee on Government Regulations. These hearings make it possible for residents of western Massachusetts to voice their opinions without having to travel to Boston. The Institute welcomes other legislative committees and public bodies to conduct their proceedings at the School of Law. Events held over the last five years have included participation of the following legislative committees:
- Joint Committee on Healthcare
- Joint Committee on the Judiciary
- Joint Committee on Education, Arts, and Humanities
- Special House Subcommittee on Court
- Commission Relating to Indigent Criminal Defendants
For detailed information of past State Legislative Hearings, please visit our archives.