The Library provides two printers, which are located on the first floor of the Library in the Copy Room. All Library computers are networked to these two printers, which also function as scanners. Additionally, a standalone Lexis printer is available in this room, along with papercutters, staplers, and hole punchers.
Students print to Law Library printers using a system called Pharos. Each student receives $50 (500 impressions) per semester. If a student chooses single-sided printing, $.10 is deducted per page; if a student chooses duplex printing, $.09 is deducted per page. Any remaining balance from the fall semester zeroes out on December 31. The spring semester impressions carry over until August 14. Students enrolled in summer classes receive an additional 200 impressions that also zero out on August 14. Students participating in the following activities receive additional prints: Law Review (200), Moot Court (150), and Research Assistants (100).
Printing Instructions for School of Law Students
1. When you are ready to print, simply select "LawSchoolPublicLaser" from your list of available printers and then click "Print."
2. Enter your WNE username.
3. Click "Print" to send your job to be printed.
4. If you encounter any update pop-ups, just ignore them.
5. Proceed to Release Station #1 or #2.
6. To release your job, enter your WNE username and password.
7. Select the document(s) you want to release from the list of your documents. If necessary, documents can be deleted at this point.
8. Click "Print."
PLEASE NOTE: You have 24 hours to release your print jobs before they are automatically deleted.
Internet Browser Printing
When printing from a browser, please choose either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Internet Explorer will add an extra page to your print count. If you choose "Print All," and you are only printing one page, Internet Explorer will add an additional page at the end, for which you will be charged.
To print, simply install the Pharos print driver on your laptop or tablet, and print your documents to the LawSchoolPublicLaser. Your job will be sent to the Pharos print queue. Once in the queue you can release your job from one of the two release stations located in the Copy Room on the first floor of the Library.
Printer Driver Installation
You will need to install the new Pharos client before you start printing. This is a one-time installation.
Adding Additional Print Funds to Your Student ID
School of Law students may add additional money to their printing accounts. Go to Purchase School of Law Printing and select "Add Money for Printing to ID." You will be prompted to enter required information. It may take up to 20 minutes for the funds to appear in your account. PLEASE NOTE: Remaining balances will be zeroed out on December 31 and August 14. Please keep this in mind when deciding the amount to add to your printing account.
Printing Instructions for Guests
1. Go to Purchase School of Law Printing and select "Buy Pre-Paid Printing Card." You will be prompted to enter required information. You will receive a receipt via email.
2. Go to the Circulation Desk and inform the staff member that you have just purchased a Guest Card. The staff member will issue the Card to you.
3. When you are ready to print, select "LawSchoolPublicLaser" from your list of available printers and then click "Print."
4. Enter your Guest Card number as your logon ID.
5. Click "Print" to send your job to be printed.
6. If you encounter any update pop-ups, just ignore them.
7. Proceed to Release Station #1 or #2.
8. To release your job, enter your logon ID as username; enter the password associated with your Guest Card.
9. Select the document(s) you want to release from the list of your documents. If necessary, documents can be deleted at this point.
10. Click "Print."