Western New England University Black Law Student Association (BLSA) Chapter
Western New England University offers a student chapter of the National Black Law Students Association (NBLSA). The NBLSA is the nation's largest student-run organization representing nearly 6,000 minority law students from over 200 chapters and affiliates throughout the United States and six other countries.
The purpose of NBLSA is to utilize the collective resources of the member chapters to:
- articulate and promote the educational, professional, political, and social needs and goals of Black law students;
- foster and encourage professional competence;
- improve the relationship between Black law students, Black attorneys, and the American legal structure;
- instill in the Black attorney and law student a greater awareness and commitment to the needs of the Black community;
- influence the legal community by bringing about meaningful legal and political change that addresses the needs and concerns of the Black community;
- adopt and implement policies of economic independence;
- encourage Black law students to pursue careers in the judiciary; and
- do all things necessary and appropriate to accomplish these purposes.